Welcome to WHS!
Welcome to the website of Willcox High School, home of the Cowboys! We are located in Cochise County, Arizona, in the quaint historic town of Willcox, and we serve students in grades nine through 12. Though we are a small school, we take pride in providing an excellent education for our students that will empower them to become responsible and compassionate adults and prepare them to succeed in a highly technological world.
In addition to our outstanding academic curriculum, we also offer special education and gifted education programs to cater to specific student needs as well as a variety of clubs and athletic activities for those seeking extracurricular opportunities.
WHS COVID-19 Return to school Guidelines
- We will begin school on August 10, 2020, using distance learning.
- When Willcox Unified School District is able to have students on campus, we will split our students into Group A (last name beginning with A – L), and Group B (last name beginning with M – Z). Group A will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays and Group B will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students who have different last names but live in the same house will be placed in the same group (parents must notify the school so arrangements can be made). Teachers will deliver two days worth of lessons each day their classes meet on campus. When students are not on campus, they will be encouraged to complete the homework assigned to them. Homework deadlines will be set and followed in conjunction with our student handbook (example - if you miss two days of lessons, you will have two school days to make up the work). Student’s with 504 Plans or IEPs will follow the expectations discussed with their case manager and their accommodations and modifications will be met. Our campus will reinforce good hygiene by all staff members and students. Washing of hands and/or the use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged by all.
- WHS will open the gate by the attendance office at 7:30 a.m. for temperature and symptom checks for all high school students who do not ride a school bus before entering campus. If a student has symptoms and/or a temperature of 100.4 or higher, we will contact his/her parent/guardian and they will be sent home for the day.
- Students will report to their first period classroom once they arrive on campus – they may choose to get their school breakfast prior to reporting to the classroom.
- Willcox High School will recommend the wearing of face coverings on campus during the school day when social distancing cannot be observed (classrooms, between classes, office visits, etc.).
For more information including important dates and additional guidelines, please view Principal Hall's letter in its entirety.
Thank you for our continued patience and cooperation - together, We Are Willcox!