Welcome to WHS!
Welcome to the website of Willcox High School, home of the Cowboys! We are located in Cochise County, Arizona, in the quaint historic town of Willcox, and we serve students in grades nine through 12. Though we are a small school, we take pride in providing an excellent education for our students that will empower them to become responsible and compassionate adults and prepare them to succeed in a highly technological world.
In addition to our outstanding academic curriculum, we also offer special education and gifted education programs to cater to specific student needs as well as a variety of clubs and athletic activities for those seeking extracurricular opportunities.
Our Mission Statement
Educate and prepare all students for a successful future.
As we finish up another great school year, it’s important that we take the time to reflect on the past three school years and see how far we’ve come, as a community, as a family unit, and as a school. Our staff and students overcame a great amount of adversity to make it to the end of this school year, which is the most “normal” school year that we’ve encountered in a while. We appreciate the large amount of support received from our families and our community.
Springtime is always a busy time for everyone, so I wanted to touch base and give you all an overview and what is happening around Willcox High School to end the 2021–2022 school year:
- The week of May 2 is Teacher Appreciation Week (but we like to recognize all of our staff!)
- May 2 is our Academic Awards ceremony during school (11:15ish) in the new gym and Scholarship Night and National Honor Society Induction at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium (we invite friends and families to all of these events).
- May 5 is not only Cinco de Mayo but also our FFA Banquet. Everyone is welcome to attend and enjoy great food and honor our students for their FFA achievements for the year. It is at 6:00 p.m. in the old gym.
- May 9 is baccalaureate practice for our graduating Seniors during sixth period and it’s also the graduation ceremony for our Law and Public Safety class.
- May 11 is our talent show that will include performance and art entries (a.m. bell schedule) and it is also the day that our seniors will leave on their trip to California (leave time is 11:30 p.m. – yes, at night!!)
- May 11 and 12 will be the dates for Chromebook/charger check-in during English classes (missing Chromebooks are $250.00, damaged Chromebooks/missing chargers are $50.00 – students must pay these fines before receiving another Chromebook for next school year).
- May 15 will be the baccalaureate at 5:00 p.m. in the auditorium (seniors will receive tickets at practice for family members) the community is also invited to come and celebrate with our awesome seniors!
- May 17 at 4:00 p.m. is the deadline for the 2022–2023 Off-Campus Lunch Card Applications (available for students in our Attendance Office).
- May 18 is a half-day for our students (full workday for our staff), graduation practice at 8:00 a.m. (all graduating seniors must attend practice – or they may not be able to participate in graduation).
- May 19 is student checkout (completed by 10:30ish, buses will run on a half-day schedule for the district).
- May 20 is Free Physical Day for WHS athletes for the 2022–2023 school year – athletes must pick up the updated physical form from our Attendance Office and must fill it out by the family before the 20.
I know that is a lot of information to swallow – but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for supporting our Cowboys and Cowgirls this year, have a great summer!! We are Willcox!
- April 28 – a.m. bell schedule (administrators meeting with seniors)
- April 30 – Dubtown Tournament from noon – 4:00 p.m. (Senior Class Trip Fundraiser)
- Week of May 2 – Teacher Appreciation Week (we acknowledge our whole staff)
- May 2 – Academic Awards (a.m. bell schedule – new gym), N.H.S. Induction Ceremony/Scholarship Night at 6:00 p.m. (auditorium)
- May 5 – Cafeteria murals due, FFA Banquet at 6:00 p.m. (old gym)
- May 6 – Powder Buff Volleyball Games at 5:00 p.m. (new gym – Student Council Fundraiser)
- Week of May 9 – voting on cafeteria mural and voting on art contest participants for the talent show
- May 9 – Baccalaureate practice/graduating seniors check out cards (sixth period), Law and Public Safety Graduation (5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium)
- May 11 – WHS Talent Show (a.m. bell schedule) – Chromebook/chargers return in English classes (Missing Chromebook – $250.00, damaged Chromebook, missing charger - $50.00)
- May 12 – Chromebook/chargers return in English classes (Missing Chromebook – $250.00, damaged Chromebook, missing charger - $50.00)
- May 15 – Class of 2022 Baccalaureate at 5:00 p.m. (auditorium)
- Week of May 16 – Final Exam Week (students must take their final exams and attendance is mandatory)
- May 16 – Underclassmen Check Out Cards (English Teachers)
- May 18 – ½ Day for WHS Students (full workday for staff)
- May 19 – ½ Day for Staff and Students, graduation at 7:00 p.m.!!
- May 20 – Free Physical Day (Sulphur Springs Medical Clinic) for 2022–2023 year)
Tammy Hall, Principal