Welcome to WHS!
Welcome to the website of Willcox High School, home of the Cowboys! We are located in Cochise County, Arizona, in the quaint historic town of Willcox, and we serve students in grades nine through 12. Though we are a small school, we take pride in providing an excellent education for our students that will empower them to become responsible and compassionate adults and prepare them to succeed in a highly technological world.
In addition to our outstanding academic curriculum, we also offer special education and gifted education programs to cater to specific student needs as well as a variety of clubs and athletic activities for those seeking extracurricular opportunities.
Homecoming 2020 Update
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Valley Lutheran is unable to compete this Friday. Please see our homecoming activities update flyer for more information..
2020-2021 Visiting Team & Official Information: Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country
Bus/School Vehicle and Officiating Crew Parking
- Football: Drop off players, coaches, and other team personnel in our student parking lot in front of the fire lane. Once unloaded, the bus will park along the north side of the fence between the curb and the fence; all other school vehicles will park in the school parking lot.
- Volleyball: Directions to the new gym: drive south on Bisbee Avenue past the football stadium and make a right turn on Airport Road, then drive west and make another right turn through the open gate by the JV baseball field. The gym is on the right just past the varsity baseball field. The team bus will park behind (west side) the first baseline dugout after you drop off your athletes at the doors of the new gym, and all other school vehicles will park in the parking lot if the vehicle fits within the designated parking areas. If not, they may park in the lot across from the new gym.
- Soccer: Directions to the field: go south on Bisbee Avenue by Carl's Jr. and turn right on Fremont Street by the city pool. Take a left turn through the second set of gates by the tennis courts. Officiating crew and visiting team parking is along the softball fence (left field).
- Cross Country: Behind Coronado Vineyards (the old Yucca Sierra Country Club)
- Officiating crew for football and volleyball events are welcome to park in the school parking lot: football officials in the old gym parking lot north of the football stadium and volleyball officials in the new gym parking lot. Soccer officials can park next to the soccer field.
Locker Room Facilities
- Football: No visiting team locker rooms. The team needs to come dressed for the game. Halftime talk will need to happen on the field.
- Volleyball: No visiting team locker rooms. Please come dressed for the game.
- Soccer: No visiting team locker rooms. Please come dressed for the game.
- Cross Country: No visiting team locker rooms. Please come dressed for the game.
- Officials: No locker rooms are available for officials. Please come dressed for the game.
Admission (Football and Volleyball)
- Adults $5.00, students $5.00. AIA passes and press passes accepted. Spiritline and band members must be in uniform to be admitted free of charge.
- Football: Fans are allowed, mask up or social distance. The track at each end of the field will be open for lawn chairs; bleachers will also be available, but social distancing is required.
- Volleyball: The first 350 fans can enter the gym. We will turn away all other fans.
- Soccer: No away team fans. Home team fans need to stay by their vehicles.
- Cross Country: No fans.
- Please bring your own containers and cups/water bottles.
- Fans mask up or social distance. Coaches and volunteers need to follow AIA recommendations regarding face coverings. Help keep our school safe.
Each visiting team is responsible for securing their valuables.